A little quote

"Working hard is important. But there is something that matters even more: believing in yourself." - Harry Potter

Saturday 2 November 2013

Catching Fire Inspired Nail Tutorial

So, yesterday the official Catching Fire trailer was released! *screams immensely* This made me really get into the spirit and made me want to read the trilogy again. So, today I decided that I wanted to share with you all my CF inspired nail art.

Here's how I did it: (I apologise for the messiness of my nails, I cleaned it up afterwards. I also apologise for the bad quality of some of the pictures)

Firstly I applied a base coat to protect my natural nail and prevent staining. I used Barry M's basecoat and topcoat.

I then applied 2 coats of black nail polish. I used Barry M nail paint in 'black'



I then applied a line of red dots (Rimmel Lasting Finish nail polish in 'Double Decker Red') and then dragged the paint up using a pin towards the cuticle about 3 quarters of the way up.

 


I did this again but with an orange nail polish (Barry M nail paint in 'Block Orange') although only dragged it up around 2 thirds of the way up.




I finally repeated this with a yellow nail polish (NYC nail polish in 'Lexington Yellow) and dragged it up a little less that half way up my nail.

 
 


I added a top coat to finish to add a nice shine to my manicure. I used the Maybelline Color Show nail polish in '649 Clear Shine', although I forgot to take a picture of it!

And that's it! Your Catching Fire manicure is complete! Thanks for reading this blogpost, make sure you follow me on Bloglovin' with the button on the right! See ya tributes! Emma, aka heartingTHG :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment letting me know what you think